Welcome to my conservation ecology webpage. I’m currently a post-doctoral researcher at the Centre for Ecology & Hydrology in the UK.
My research addresses two fundamental questions:
1. How are ecosystems affected by disturbances?
2. How do these ecosystems recover following disturbance?
I have used fieldwork, and statistical and mechanical models to understand this complex topic. I’m particularly interested in how species traits mediate their response to disturbance and recovery.
Previous work has included:
- How selective logging affects carbon storage and tree biodiversity.
- How interacting threats affect forest structure and biodiversity.
- How carbon storage and plant biodiversity recover following agricultural clearance.